Today we presented our finished documentary to the rest of our group, Dom and Debbie. Before our session, Charlotte had double checked again if our cd's were playable. Unfortunately we found out that the picture quality of our piece was alot duller when player through a Windows PC, compared to the MACs we had been working on. Before we presented, we told our tutors but they said it would not be a problem.
After playing the finished documentary we explained our roles as a group, what we think went well, what we would possibly change and our overall thoughts on how it turned out. I told the rest of the group about my role as director, how I contributed towards the project and where I worked alongside others. I also commented on my personal views - that I felt the finished piece worked well, although it was slightly different to my origional intentions. I also commented on the fact I felt some of our cutaways were irrelevant and could have be changed.
Both Dom and Debbie seemed pleased with our documentary. They commented on how they felt we had used a simple idea and made it work well for a five minute documentary. They also gave us some good critisim back, noting that some of our sound cutaways were abit out, and some of our irrelevant cutaways were overexposed. However, it was all really good constructive critism that I feel will help us all as indivuals and a group to progress in similar projects in the future.
While we presented, the rest of the group wrote down on pieces of paper what they thought of our film, if they liked it, what we could change, etc. This was also really helpful to receive so many different opinions about our film and majoity were really positive.
I have enjoyed working on this documentary and feel that it has improved my skills of leadership and organisation. I have had to put myself out there to get things I wanted, for example having to approach The Yellow Duckmarine company in person and ask for permission to film. If I were to do this project again, I would like to be more involved with the technical aspects such as shooting and editing the footage myself.
As a group, although we lacked one member throughout majority of the assignment, I feel we all shared out the roles well and were committed to producing a successful, interesting documentary.


No comments:
Post a Comment