After the weekend, I joined Sophie in Uni Monday morning to start helping out with editing. She had already gone through all the clips, labelled the good shots, and arranged them into similar orders.
She started going through small sections at a time that we wanted to fit together while I composed a rough timeline of what we had and what sort of order we could put them in.
We managed to edit a lot of the visual images together in a draft order and our main interview over the next few hours.
Later on in the afternoon, the three of us had another meeting with Debbie to show her what we had done since Friday and receive any constructive criticism. She sat with us for a long period of time, helping to rearrange and cut between our two interviews to make it look and sound more appealing to the audience. During this time we began to get a real feel of what the documentary would possibly look like in a final cut and feel positive for the final outcome.
Over Wednesday & Thursday I popped in again to overlook some of the last stages of editing. Although the final structures were looking very different to the original templates I had drawn, I was very optimistic about the end result and felt some of the new decisions that had been made had made our presentation stronger.
Thursday afternoon, Charlotte & I sat and prepared to burn our finished documentary onto disc as Sophie had other University presentations to attend. At first we had an issue trying to de-interlace our footage, however Charlotte was able to solve the problem effectively, burn our discs and ensure they played on another computer.



No comments:
Post a Comment