Monday, 11 February 2013

Liverpool Visit


Over the weekend, I was over in Merseyside and decided to take the opportunity to visit Albert Docks where the Duckmarines are stationed to try and see if I could make any contacts face to face with members of staff to seek filming permission. Previous to my trip, Charlotte had emailed the company to explain our interests in the Duckmarines.
At the booking office, I spoke to one of the senior members of staff and explained our intentions for wanting to film the Duckmarines and possibly interview staff and crew involved. Although they had not received our email, they seemed keen to help and explained the decision would have to go through the manager of the company before we could get the go ahead. If this was accepted we would be allowed to film the boat in action and have interviews with the crew on board. In return they asked for a copy of the final project. I was also told that we would be able to film on board the Duckmarine, however as our trip to Liverpool is during half term, we would have to pay full price to ride the tour, and we were also not allowed any shots of the paying customers on board the boat during the tour. However, I do not feel this is a major issue. I provided contact details and I am now waiting to hopefully hear a response back this week to allow us permission to film.


No comments:

Post a Comment