I decided to go back and look at another short film from an
earlier seminar called ‘Telling Lies’. I found this short piece interesting as
I hadn't seen this sort of approach before, and it was a simple, yet effective
idea. It focuses on a guy called Phil, and four separate phone calls he has in
just under five minutes after an eventful night. Speaking to his mum,
ex-girlfriend Sarah, mate Darren and possible new love interest Victoria, you
are able to hear each conversation, but you don’t see the characters. Instead
of being able to see each person, when they take it in turns to speak, you hear
what they are saying, and coloured text appears on the screen of what they are
actually thinking. By doing this it gives a comical attribute to the film, as
well as allowing the audience to have their own personal interpretation of the
characters involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment